Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Intertwined


Call me a sinner.
Call me non-traditional.
Call me what you want to.
But, every night I come home to find a beautiful bearded man in our living room. With his car next to mine, his socks tangled up in my jeans in the dryer, his honey roasted peanut butter next to my sunflower butter in the pantry, and his blue tooth brush next to my purple one joined by remnants of Crest Whitening toothpaste between the bristles.

My heart swells at the thought of this being forever.

My records alphabetized with his on the shelf below our record player and my hand crocheted blanket layered between his cotton sheets and worn down comforter remind me how hard it would be to separate his things from mine, such intertwined lives held together by three simple words.

If I'm a sinner, living together before marriage may just be the best sin I have ever committed if it it makes me feel like this every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment