Thursday, April 8, 2010

Gushing Honesty

I love sneaking peeks of other people's writing. I am currently engrossed in a book called, "Other People's Love Letters: 150 Letters You Were Never Meant to See." Reading these makes me feel like I'm the teacher who caught two love birds passing notes in class and decides to save the notes and read them with a glass of wine rather than throw them away.

That's kind of creepy, but I suppose sneaking in on someone else's romance is sort of creepy in and of itself.

The letters range from small words of poetic beauty on random pieces of paper to full length letters and emails with the names appropriately disguised. Letters of lustful verbs hidden behind exclamation points and commas. Letters of apologies, regrets, of infidelities.

Where are these from? Who are they too? Were any of them for me? Did my father write the one on page...page... it doesn't matter. It's so easy to get wrapped up in an other's romance that I could quite easily forget my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment